Date Clan Samurai Yoroi
- Item #: A01
- Manufacturer: Iron Mountain Armory
- Manufacturer's Product Number: A01
This traditionaly handcrafted samurai armor is a replica of a yoroi used by the Date Clan (Dah-te) using a traditional Hotoke-Ni-Mai Dou gusoku in the sendai style. This yoroi dô features the more modern full-plate cuirasses, hand hammered and shaped. It features blue and yellow cotton lace common to the Date Clan and Date Masamune's trademark crescent moon helmet crest.
The Date Clan was founded in the early Kamakura Period (1185-1333) by Isa Tomomune. The Date Clan took its name from the Date district of Mutsu Province which was awarded to Isa Tomomune by Minamoto no Yoritomo, the first Kamakura shogun, for his assistance in the Genpei War. One of the most notibal Daimyo of the Date Clan was Date Masamune (伊達 政宗, September 5, 1567 – June 27, 1636), known as the "One-Eyed Dragon". He was a regional strongman of Japan's Azuchi-Momoyama period through early Edo Period. Heir to a long line of powerful Daimyo in the Tōhoku region, he went on to found the modern-day city of Sendai
Details: The armor is wearable and comes standard sized for a man with a 106cm chest (+/- 3cm), standing at 5' 8" tall (+/- 3”) and is fully functional. Available in two different quality levels: Kachi and Gashira. Gashira Class yoroi includes a free customary black lacquered box (Yoroi Bitsu) which, along with an included wooden frame, provides the support for the display and instructions. Kachi Class yoroi does not include the Yoroi Bitsu and maybe purchased separately using the drop-down menu option.
- Gashira Class - Bowl style kabuto with simulated laminated plating. Standard leather. Cotton lace. Chinese silk. Good quality materials. 20 ~ 25 days, average crafting time.
- Taisho Class - 8 plate laminated kabuto. Egawa (printed) leather. Silk hybrid lace for ultimate quality. Japanese silk. Finest quality materials. More traditional design. 30 ~ 35 days, average crafting time.
- Standard Chest Size fits: 104 ~ 109 cm
- Authentic Reproduction: Replica of original
- Traditionally Handcrafted : Traditional Materials
- Battle Ready: Fully Functional