Date Clan Samurai Yoroi
- Item #: A01
- Manufacturer: Iron Mountain Armory
- Manufacturer's Product Number: A01
This traditionaly handcrafted samurai armor is a replica of a yoroi used by the Date clan (Dah-te) using a traditional Hotoke-Ni-Mai Dou gusoku in the sendai style. This yoroi dô features the more modern full-plate cuirasses, hand hammered and shaped. It features blue and yellow cotton lace common to the Date clan and Date Masamune's trademark crescent moon helmet crest.
The Date Clan was founded in the early Kamakura period (1185-1333) by Isa Tomomune. The Date clan took its name from the Date district of Mutsu Province which was awarded to Isa Tomomune by Minamoto no Yoritomo, the first Kamakura shogun, for his assistance in the Genpei War. One of the most notibal Daimyo of the Date clan was Date Masamune (伊達 政宗, September 5, 1567 – June 27, 1636), known as the "One-Eyed Dragon". He was a regional strongman of Japan's Azuchi-Momoyama period through early Edo period. Heir to a long line of powerful Daimyo in the Tōhoku region, he went on to found the modern-day city of Sendai
- Gashira Class - Bowl style kabuto with simulated laminated plating. Standard leather. Cotton lace. Chinese silk. Good quality materials. 20 ~ 25 days, average crafting time.
- Taisho Class - 8 plate laminated kabuto. Egawa (printed) leather. Silk hybrid lace for ultimate quality. Japanese silk. Finest quality materials. More traditional design. 30 ~ 35 days, average crafting time.
- Authentic Reproduction: Replica of original
- Traditionally Handcrafted : Traditional Materials
- Battle Ready: Fully Functional