- Item #: TTB
- Manufacturer: Iron Mountain Armory
- Manufacturer's Product Number: TTB
The Tattsuke-Bakama are a form of hakama that were worn by the samurai class during the Sengoku and Tokugawa era in Japan. Like the hakama, the tattsuke-bakama ties at the waist, but have narrow legs, more like western-style pants and have slits at the calf so they can be tied comfortably around the shin. This helps the suneate (shin armor) sit more securely and stops the pant legs from snagging on brush while marching. Most importantly maybe, is the slit in the front to help with bathroom breaks.
The Tattsuke-Bakama are best known for use by the samurai class and the cinematic "ninja" (shinobi pants). Today they are often now worn by taiko drummers, yobidashi and of course budo martial artists. They are also becoming more popular amongst Ninjutsu and Kobudo martial artists.
- ~380 cm length front himo (tie strings)
- ~230 cm length back
- Includes kyahan himo (leggings with strap) attached
- Made with black cotton fabric or silk / cotton
- One size fits all
- ready in 1 to 2 weeks on average